To understand the factors in the major developments in programming languages.The major goals for a student taking this course are
- To understand the factors in the major developments in programming languages.
- To understand the purposes, goals, and strengths of various types of programming languages:
functional, procedural, concurrent, logic, and object-oriented.
At the end of the course the student will be able to
- Explain the general evolution of programming languages.
- Describe program language syntax formally.
- Understand the fundamentals of lexical and syntax analysis.
- Describe, compare, and contrast the various types of programming languages.
- Describe the fundamentals of languages: types, expressions, control statements,
subprograms, abstract data types.
- Describe the necessary qualities of programming languages that support exception handling,
functional programming, object-oriented programming, logic programming,