This course focuses upon the scope of nursing practice, the concepts of health and illness and essential nursing skills for assessment of wellness and the maintenance of a healthy state. essential nursing skills include, but are not limited to, therapeutic uses of the nursing process, nursing care plans, and basic/fundamental nursing assessments techniques and procedures.
By the completion of the course, the student will:
- Administer safe, competent nursing care to individuals and their significant others who may demonstrate self care deficits while experiencing actual potential physiological and psychosocial disturbance,
- Compute medication dosages for individuals throughout the life span with 100% accuracy;
- Use the nursing process as the organizing framework for the delivery of nursing care to individuals and the their significant others;
- Apply nursing, developmental, maturational, and needs theories when designing and implementing systems of nursing care for individuals and their significant others;
- Demonstrate use of knowledge from the natural, behavioral, and social science when designing and implementing systems of nursing care for individuals and their significant others.